Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Skype

It was great to see the family on Skype Sunday and to show off my growing skill with Mongolian sign language.  It is popular among the missionaries, even though only one is really assigned to teach in sign language at any given time.  The rest of us just like using it, and it helps us communicate when we meet someone who is deaf.

My English students are nearing the end of their semester; some of them are doing really well.  Others not so much, but I hope they will keep trying.  This will be my first experience with issuing grades! While I teach at a community college, my companion teaches at an elementary school.  I prepare my lessons while he teaches, but I also listen in at times.  At the elementary level, they teach English through music--so I'm learning a lot of little songs about colors and things.  It's fun.  But I think I am better suited to teaching adults.

We have been sharing Mosiah 2:41 with a lot of the people we meet with.  It is a great scripture about the blessings of the Lord:

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God.  For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness.  O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

Another truth to think about:  The more we serve, the more the Lord replenishes us, which lets us have more than we could have had otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment