Monday, February 10, 2014

One morning I felt like writing a hymn. This can be sung the tune of As Now We Take The Sacrament. It is based on the parable of the unforgiving servant (who owed talents and wouldn't forgive pence):


Lord, Though I strive to follow thee
I fumble on the way,
The sum I owe to grace eternal,
I cannot repay!
If not for thy Son's Sacrifice,
I could not reach to thee,
And so I ask in humbleness,
Lord, ever Pardon me!
I kneel before the throne of grace and
ask that I might live,
But then recall a child of God
whom I could not forgive!
How could my vision be so blind?
How could my human heart
Ask from my God the mercy sweet
that I would not impart?
Because Thou hast forgiven much
I owe an awesome debt
Thy mercy for my sins so many
I cannot forget!
I can however set him free
who owes some debt to me,
And wish eternal life for him
together Lord with thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment