Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Halloween

I told six different English classes about Halloween and Trick-or-Treating this week.  It's always a fun topic for my English students.

I have some photos from the last baptism I mentioned.  Things are going well with my new companion.  I have set some goals for the end of my mission, and one of them is to be the best trainer I can be.  I've learned a lot on my mission, but I know there's plenty to learn after I come home, too.

I believe that those who serve most in the Church learn the most.  Certainly, the New Testament shows us that the Lord's Apostles learned the most during His ministry.

I was reading in Ephesians 4 this week, which includes the teaching that anger is sin. Actually, the Joseph Smith Translation clarifies part of v. 26: "can ye be angry and sin not?" Anger in times of frustration or annoyance, even a little, is natural to all of us, but through the Atonement of Christ we can put such things away and be more Christlike. We need to replace anger with Christlike attributes.

Also I was reading in Mosiah 2.  All the Lord asks of us is to keep the commandments, and if we do, he blesses us!  It reminds me of the Primary Song: "What doest he Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say? Have faith, have hope, live like His Son, help others on their way."

Have a great week!  I plan to.

My new companion, me, our newest 9-year-old member, his mom, and my other companion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment