Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Elder Sims via Skype, 11 May 2014
Happy Mother's Day.  I'm glad on this day for both my parents who raised me in a Gospel family and did things the Lord's way.  Going on a mission has shown me what an enormous difference there is between a firm Gospel family and the opposite.

I've been reading the Book of Mormon in English again lately, instead of in Mongolian, and I was surprised by how much more understandable Jacob 5 was the most recent time I read it.  I could see all the dispensations falling right into the scriptural narrative.  My understanding drew on lessons and seminary videos of the past, but it just made more sense right away this time.  It shows you how no matter how many time you read the Book of Mormon you can always learn more.


No comments:

Post a Comment